Tuesday, February 4, 2014

New year...Exciting new stuff going on!

Hello everyone.
The last time you heard from me I was wrapping up my year long "Shut the Front Door" series. I hope you all enjoyed it.

I mentioned in one of my last posts that I had some exciting new stuff coming up in the new year and I'm finally ready to give you some sneak peaks of what I've been up to.

First, a little back story.

In late 2012 I rented a little space at Newport Marketplace in Newport, NY so I could display and sell items that I rescued and "repurposed".
Somehow I managed to do pretty well in this little corner of the store.
My first thoughts were, "Who besides me would really be interested in the stuff I'm selling here". After I received my first check my thoughts changed to, "Hey! I can do this".
 
In May of 2013 I was presented with the opportunity to expand into a somewhat larger space and start taking in furniture on consignment (a.k.a. let the furniture come to me instead of me going out to find it).
 
 
The room was large and scary and I was actually very nervous about being able to fill it.
Silly me.
I'm very, very fortunate to have some great consignment customers.
They never fail me when something sells and I need furniture to fill the spot.
A ton of furniture and other decorative items were sold in the 7 months I occupied this booth.
 
Well, late last year, I was again presented with an amazing opportunity to expand.
And expand I did.
 
In the past 5 days I went from this...

 To this...
 To this...


 
Did I mention I have the best consignment customers around?
 
But this isn't all of my exciting news.
 
Drum rollll please....
 
I'm officially a retailer for a fabulous line of paint. CeCe Caldwell's Natural Chalk + Clay Paints to be exact.
 
 (China Closet is Vintage White and Chesapeake Blue, basket is New Orleans Purple, little tote box is Spring Hill Green, and bird house is New Orleans Purple and Santa Fe Turquoise)
 
This is CeCe Caldwell's Chalk + Clay Paints and finishes.
Non-toxic, odor free, No VOC's, made in USA :)
I love this paint.
No sanding, no priming, no fuss, and no muss (is that really a word?).
Again...I love this paint.
 
It allows me to take furniture from this...
 To this...
(Random mix of Blue Montana Sky and Vintage White with Simply White details)

 And these...
 To these...
(Carolina Sun Yellow with Virginia Chestnut and Sedona Red with Beckley Coal)


 
Anyway, back to my story.
 
I have 33 amazing colors in stock and an assortment of finishes to choose from.
I also have a cool selection of ChalkPro paint brushes on hand to help you get the best results from your paint.
You can pick up your favorite color at Newport Marketplace, 7583 Main St., Newport, NY 13416.
 
Coming Soon....
Painting classes and demonstrations.
It's going to be fun.
I'll post a schedule soon.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...