Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Long overdue updates and random pictures

I'm back!
Again.
I haven't posted on here since February 6th. 
Can you believe it? 
I can.

I've actually had a little trouble focusing on writing lately.
Writer's block?
Maybe.
More likely just too many pots in the fire. I've been more than a little bit scatter-brained.

The snow is finally gone and everything around here is starting to green up nicely.
Shark spotted off the sandy beaches of Starr Hill....News at 11.

My daughter started her garden plants a little too early.
Cucumber plant blossoming in the house.
Plant update: several died before she got them out to the garden.
The ones that were planted in the garden ... drowned.

I've been concentrating mostly on my booth at Newport Marketplace (which is evidenced by the lack of clean floors, clean dishes, and clean laundry at home...sorry no photos).

My consignment store is FULL yet constantly changing (I take pictures of the stuff in my booth to post here but by the time I get around to writing about it (and actually hitting the publish button, the inventory is completely different).

My line of CeCe Caldwell's Natural Chalk & Clay Paints is moving along nicely. We have added 3 new metallic waxes, (Sierra Silver, El Dorado Gold, and Bingham Canyon Copper) and one new paint color (Enchanted Lilac).  I also offer painting classes if anyone is interested.... anyone?
Hello....



I ran into a great friend the other day (Hi Kathy B. from the Fed). She mentioned that she missed all the pictures that I used to post.
Well, ya' know...
I miss posting pictures too.
Unfortunately, I really haven't been using my camera as much as I used to (especially while driving which was hazardous anyway).
I do still take quite a few pictures with my cell phone so I thought I would post a few of those for a change.
So... in no particular order (meaning some of these are from last year..and maybe the year before??) I give you ... Kim's cell phone pics.

My back yard at sunset last August

Lost geese in October.
They were headed north at the time.

I always love taking pictures of the massive clouds that parade over the valley.

Another beautiful sunset (just don't look at the snow).

Can you see the little baby Killdeer hiding in the grass?
Taken in June 2013 (randomness running rampant here).

There have also been a few new additions to the menagerie of critters around here over the past few months. 
Kitty and the chicks
(not their real names).

Looking for trouble
(and no, trouble is not the name of one of the chickens).

Duck, Duck ..... Goose?

And... a pair of "Billy Goats 'ruff"
who love to play king of the hill on MY rock.




Today I was busy trying to get some stuff planted in my garden.
Last year I experimented with gardening with mulch.
It was pretty successful if I do say so myself.

Anyway...
My raised bed garden filled with mulch.
See that patch of dirt in the background? 
That's my daughter's patch of deceptively solid ground. 
Don't let that quick sand fool you.
It's just an evil brown rectangle of mud waiting to suck you under (boots and all).
It's where her plants (pictured at the beginning of this post) went to drown. 

Last year I just had the 2 cement block raised beds. 
In the fall I expanded and put mulch down beyond the raised beds so I could add more plants this year. 
So far it's looking pretty good.
And...I can walk around in there without sinking out of sight (Ha HA ... Michelle).
I got my corn, peas, beans, carrots, and radishes planted today. 
Off to a good start.

Just because it's big and makes a lot of noise, it thinks it can park where ever it wants I guess.


And finally a sure sign that warmer weather is on it's way... 
The pool is upright and filling with water.

I'm planning on posting here much more often than I have in the recent past.
Since you know better than to believe that....
Have a nice summer.
See you again in the fall.
Buh-bye.















No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...