Thursday, October 9, 2014

It's been a while and I've got a little catching up to do

Hello....
Tap, tap, tap....
Is this thing on?

I've been absent from here for quite a while. I actually didn't even realize how long it's been since my last post (which was May 22nd). Almost 6 months!!! I can't believe how fast the summer flew by.
Last May I was looking at this...new green stuff everywhere and the last of a storm blowing over the valley.
This past week was absolutely beautiful out and the leaves are reaching peak color.

Not that summer is really ready to give up but the days of the roses are numbered for sure.


I've kept pretty busy over the summer.
I took my CeCe Caldwell's painting demonstrations on the road for the first time to the "Chicks Along the Canal" event in Little Falls, NY. I did painting technique demonstrations, sold some paint, and had a few of my finished furniture pieces on display. It was a long weekend but the weather was great, the people were plentiful, and the food was fabulous.

My garden didn't do as well this year as it did last year.
Last year... lots of peas, beans, tomatoes, and lettuce.
This year... some peas and beans, a few tomatoes (which most are still green on my window sill), crap-ton of carrots, and 4 pitifully small ears of corn (I planted 2 packages of seeds, 10 stalks grew, and only 4 ears of corn picked....pretty crappy results there).

For the most part I've been spending a lot of time at Newport Marketplace. I've been going pretty much non stop from one project to the next.
Mahogany hutch painted in Myrtle Beach Sand and Vintage White - still available
Giant hutch painted in Sedona Red - sold
Kidney shaped vanity/desk painted in Beckley Coal with a map of Middle Earth - sold
Vintage vanity in Vintage White - still available
Half round china closet in Destin Gulf Green and Omaha Ochre with rear glass panel replaced with a fish net - sold
And another hutch painted in Pittsburgh Gray - still available but currently on display at Mohawk Valley Center for the Arts in Little Falls, NY

Last year I did a year long series of pictures. I posted (pretty much) everyday a picture of the view out my front door which I called my "Shut the Front Door" series. It was a fun project but posting everyday became somewhat difficult for me to pull off. This year I've been trying to squeeze out a post here and there but as you can see from my 6 month absence I've been more than a little lax in posting. I've been trying to get myself back on track and figure out a new theme for next year (because we all know that next year is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER...AHHHhhhh). So what-da-ya-say? Any ideas, suggestions, or inspirations you'd like to pass along? Just drop me a comment.



No comments:

Speak Your Mind...

Speak Your Mind...